Location: Frye Island off Route 302 in Raymond, Maine
Description: The walking trails are underdeveloped and short; however, the perimeter gravel road is pleasant and quiet. The island is 2.5 miles long and 1.5 wide. I am assuming you could park a car in various places though there is a parking lot at Long Beach causeway from which you could explore the Long Beach area and Azalea Lagoon Trail, walk along Leisure Lane (the road) and Katherine’s Trail. A walk along the western side of the island will bring one past several little secluded beaches (they are numbered e.g. 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6) that look westerly toward Pleasant Mountain and must provide a splendid viewing for a sunset. The biggest of the beaches is #6 at the intersection of North Beach Road and Leisure Lane. The island might be best explored by bike or the beaches enjoyed after a long paddle around Jordan Bay.
1. Start at 278 WHITES BRIDGE RD, STANDISH going toward WESTERLEA WAY go 2.9 mi
2. Turn LEFT on US-302 go 6 mi
3. Turn LEFT on HAWTHORNE RD go 0.4 mi
4. Turn LEFT on CAPE RD go 3.5 mi
5. Turn LEFT on CAPE RD EXT go 1.1 mi
6. Continue on FERRY CROSSING LNDG go 0.1 mi
7. Take FRYE ISLAND FERRY (Check schedules and fares) go 0.4 mi.
8. Arrive at FRYE ISLAND FRY, RAYMOND go <>